Paint Stain on a Linoleum Floor

How do you remove dried paint from linoleum?

By Pat P. from Lewiston, ID

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Do you mean linoleum in classic sense, or do you mean vinyl?

If it's latex paint on vinyl, I'd spray with ordinary window cleaner, homemade works fine, and scrape with a spatula.

If it's old linoleum, I'd try scraping first with just a spatula,

and see if a toothbrush and soap and water wouldn't help on what remains.

Definitely a ditto to what Pikka wrote.

And, hello Lewiston :-) I was born there 55 years ago and remember when The Grade was still one lane each way and a real 'scrape your drawers after the drive' experience ;-) lol! Haven't lived there since I was seven but have been back many times to visit family members still there.

Goo gone works, and magic erasers work sometimes too.

August 12, 2009 Flag

How do I get dried paint off my linoleum floor? I have gone to Menard's to buy the stuff specific for getting it off, but it didn't work at all. This stuff is dried on for years and years. Any ideas?

schubby24 from Superior, WI

Answers:

Paint Stain on a Linoleum Floor

You could also use a soft steel wool (000) and I have heard that non acetone finger nail polish remover works. (11/18/2006)

By Brenda from Texas

Paint Stain on a Linoleum Floor

Mr. Clean Magic Erase sponges worked like a champ. (09/25/2007)

By Bosley

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 6, 2006 Flag

Does anyone have any advice on how to remove dried paint from linoleum floors? I have tried paint thinner. We repainted the bathroom and got paint on the floor in different areas and are now trying to clean it up. Thanks for any advice.

Renee from Quinton, VA

Answers:

Paint Stain on a Linoleum Floor

Perhaps "Goof Off", sold in home improvement stores would remove the paint. Works for many things also. Removes paint from clothing too. (03/02/2006)

By kidsNclutter

Paint Stain on a Linoleum Floor

If the other remedies don't work, you can always resort to that tool that I think of as a paint scraper. It's a single edged razor blade in a handle. It's used for scraping paint splatters off windowpanes. If you decide to use any scraping tool, be sure to use it with a liquid, like water. The water will act as a lubricant and help keep the scraper from gouging your flooring. Best of luck! (03/03/2006)

By Carol

Paint Stain on a Linoleum Floor

I have a book called How to clean practically everything and it says you should scrub with powdered laundry detergent and water, or undiluted liquid laundry detergent. (03/03/2006)

By JILLSAVES

Paint Stain on a Linoleum Floor

I have used Mr. Clean Magic Erase sponges on paint spatters on my lineoleum tile floor. Takes a bit of rubbing, but the paint till gradually flake off until the spatter disappears. (03/06/2006)

By P.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Paint can with red paint.
Removing Paint from Linoleum
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsAugust 12, 2009
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Linoleum Floors
A can of blue paint.
Painting Vinyl (or Linoleum) Flooring
Cleaning Discolored Linoleum
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 4:57:29 PM on 10.0.0.27 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.