Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Painting Santa On Old Bottles

I am looking for a pattern to paint Santa Claus on an old wine bottle or glass soda bottle. If anyone has any ideas where I can find that I'd appreciate it.

Stephanie from Jacksonville, NC

By

By denise (Guest Post)07/30/2007

hi i don't know how experienced you are at painting but i have an idea that was given to me that may help you. since your working with a bottle you would need something flexible to wrap around it like say the inside wrapper from cereal. Ok here is what you do start collecting easy pics of santa from magazines, flyers, children's books and advertising. use these pics with some carbon paper and wala ok not so fast but you trace the pic onto your cereal wrapper using a marker and using carbon paper on bottle,put cereal wrapper over it and trace the santa onto bottle. now using small paint brushes you can paint inside the lives and remember if using acrylic paints to spray with clear urethane so it stays put and it gives it a professional look. hope this helps denise

By Jan (Guest Post)07/26/2007

Hi,this past winter I saw some really cute Santa napkins.You could cut them out and glue them on and make a paste of white glue and water to finish them.You have to take the napkin apart to only one sheet,

By Brenda Norrish [1]07/23/2007

Deb Malewski, a decorative painter, has heaps of patterns for Santas on bottles. Here is a link to her website, but she is updating it at present and not all links are working. However, if you can't see what you want there, I'm sure she would help if you emailed her.
<http://www.countrycolours.homestead.com/patternpackets.html>

Regards,
Brenda in Australia