Keeping Blackbirds Out of Bird Feeders

How do I keep of black birds out of my bird feeders?

By Pat from Memphis, TN

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By paula [19] 02/28/2010

The short answer is, you don't. When I was younger I used to get mad at the "cow" birds for coming to my big feeder and eating, until one day I realized who the heck do I think I am if these birds were the color of parrots I would be relishing in having them here. The fact is we shouldn't discriminate against birds anymore then people. We would never offer food to people in need based only on looks and personality. Hungry is hungry. Read up on your pesty friends and learn about their quirks. Soon you will be as interested in them as you are the rest.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the comments that were provided then.

Archive: Keeping Blackbirds Out Of Bird Feeders

How do you keep blackbirds from invading my bird feeders?

Kathy from Gouverneur, NY

RE: Keeping Blackbirds Out Of Bird Feeders

There are a few suggestions on this page (6th question down): ebirdseed.com (07/25/2008)

By Kaelle