Keeping Blackbirds Out of Bird Feeders

How do I keep of black birds out of my bird feeders?

By Pat from Memphis, TN

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

The short answer is, you don't. When I was younger I used to get mad at the "cow" birds for coming to my big feeder and eating, until one day I realized who the heck do I think I am if these birds were the color of parrots I would be relishing in having them here. The fact is we shouldn't discriminate against birds anymore then people. We would never offer food to people in need based only on looks and personality. Hungry is hungry. Read up on your pesty friends and learn about their quirks. Soon you will be as interested in them as you are the rest.

February 24, 2010 Flag

How do you keep blackbirds from invading my bird feeders?

Kathy from Gouverneur, NY

Answers:

Keeping Blackbirds Out Of Bird Feeders

There are a few suggestions on this page (6th question down):

ebirdseed.com (07/25/2008)

By Kaelle

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Pest Control BirdsFebruary 24, 2010
Homemade Bird Feeders
Homemade Bird Feeders
Birdfeeder
Cleaning Birdfeeders
Bird Eating from Bird Feeder
Keeping The Ground Under a Bird Feeder Clean
Squirrel Feeder
Making a Squirrel Feeder
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 18, 2017 at 4:12:59 PM on 10.0.2.161 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.