Fun and easy. Make these mobiles to decorate your home for a Valentine's Day party, to use as party favors, or just to decorate a kid's room. If you plan to make several, pre-cut all of the heart shapes you will need at the same time, then all you'll have to do is assemble each one.
Approximate Time: 20 - 30 minutes
- red, pink, and white construction paper or card stock
- markers (optional)
- drinking straws cut into one inch pieces
- tapestry or other needle with a larger eye
- jingle bell
- Draw and cut six heart shapes, in graduated sizes. Decorate these with markers, if you wish.
- Cut drinking straws into (about) one inch pieces. You will need five pieces for each mobile.
- Thread one end of a length of yarn, about 18 - 24 inch long, through a tapestry needle. Slide the needle and yarn through a jingle bell and knot the yarn above the bell. Now slide one bead down over the yarn to sit on top of the bell.
- Now string on the hearts and straw pieces in the following manner: Poke the needle through the center of your smallest heart and slide it down to rest on the bead. Now add one bead, one piece of straw, another bead and your next size heart. Continue in the same manner to attach all pieces. The hearts will go from smallest to largest.
- After attaching your last shape, knot the yarn above it. Tie a loop for hanging at the top of the yarn, cutting off any excess yarn.
By Marie from West Dundee, IL