Ashley, Tay Tay, and Baby (Guinea Pigs)

Ashley, Tay Tay, and Baby are under 4 month old Guinea Pigs. We always go by the animal shelter to give contributions of some sort or just to look at the babies there. We saw these darlings there, and now they are at our house. :)

They were just teensy, tiny, little guinea pigs when they came home with us. The long haired one, Ashley, and Baby are in the picture. There also is Tay Tay, not pictured because she is so shy. I took this of them peeping out of their little huts. They are so adorable!

They love human interaction, talking, picture taking, and not being held so much yet. They love to hear and watch all that is going on. That is why they are in the center of the house to see all and be talked to by all. They hop and chortle, and show their happiness. They really love their little huts, are so happy. When they want a snack or attention, they whistle all at once. It is something to see and hear.

We put the guinea pigs in a wire dog kennel. I like the airy feel of this kind of home for them, even if it means more cleaning. I had to cover the edges when they were smaller, or they would walk out and explore the area. We didn't want that in case the ferrets were out. I will probably put their home up on cinder blocks before long, so I can sweep under it and keep it all nice and tidy.

These animals are so sweet, they hop, whistle, and jump with joy when you pass by or talk to them. They always are up for a treat, especially when they realize I am by the cage. I usually get them lots of Timothy Hay. :) They, like rabbits, don't mind being held, but will always panic a bit when being picked up until they are used to it.

We just love our baby guinea pigs! I adopted them for our daughter who wants to be a vet. She has a way with animals, and I like to see her carry on rescue work like we did when we were younger.

By Robin F. from TN Two guinea pigs in a black cage. One brown and white and one black and white guinea pig looking out of a cardboard box. A curly brown and white guinea pig in a cage.

It's always interesting to see what you come up with next Robin. Your collection of pets is so varied and they must keep you busy as well as entertained.

Thank you for always sharing their stories and pictures with us.

I just love piggies! We lost our beloved Snickers last year, he lived to be almost 9 years old! What great pets guinea piggies make, I can attest to that! Thanks for sharing!

They do make great pets, and I am proud of how they have grown already. I'm glad to share my animals with you, I love seeing everyone's pets on here, it is for fun to read and look at their photos! There is no telling what will go through here next, it's always a surprise!

I'm sorry for your loss of Snickers, I can tell you, our pets never live long enough, do they?

Blessings, Robyn

two tricolor guinea pigs
Guinea Pig Information and Photos
Pets Pet PagesJune 30, 2011
Cute Guinea Pig
Giving Vitamin Supplements to Guinea Pigs
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
A tan and white guinea pig.
Caring For Pet Guinea Pigs
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower