Check Measurements Against Sizes Before Ordering Clothes

Before you decide to purchase clothing from a television shopping channel or a mail order catalog, measure yourself! Some designers use different measurements for different sizes. A size 2 for one designer, might be a size 4 for another. Ladies, using your bra size will not help in determining what size of blouse you should order as it is not a full chest measurement. Refer to the company's website or call their customer service department for instructions on how to measure yourself correctly to help determine the best fit for you.

Please don't be offended if it means that you'll have to order a size larger than what you normally wear because that may only mean that the designer's clothing runs small. Also, pay attention to the description of the item. Some garments might be listed as fitted, semi-fitted, or relaxed fit. By doing your homework, it will ensure that you order the ideal size for yourself and save the disappointed feeling your get when you have to return the item. Keep in mind that some companies require that you pay the postage to return the item too.

Source: My neighbor

By linex_4 from San Antonio, TX

I order a lot of my clothes from specialty catalogs. I have found that even comparing your measurements to the size chart doesn't always mean you will get the right size. I think I have heard that QVC uses the same measurements for all of their clothes, no matter who the designer is. They use what they refer to as a standard measurement. What I find ironic is when I was a teenager back in the 50s a size 14 was considered a smaller size and now it is considered a large size.

Consumer Advice Tips for ConsumersMay 24, 2010
Background Check
Know What Information Is In Your Background Check
Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
bulb catalog sign
Ordering From Garden Catalogs
Uncooked Macaroni
Converting Dry Macaroni Measurements
🎄