Medium Oak and Off-White Kitchen

We have a small kitchen but it's very sunny with 2 windows and 3 entrances. The cupboards are medium oak, with white appliances, off-white counter, and off-white tiles. The counter and appliances are all on one half of the rectangle shaped kitchen. My table is also medium oak and sits on the other end of the kitchen. The linoleum is off-white with a diamond grey pattern but will eventually be replaced with dark grey ceramic. Most of the wall space is around the table. I would like to paint it a dark blue/grey. What do you think?

Petra from Ontario, Canada

Well I think a dark color would make the room appear smaller......... maybe a lighter version of the color you have in mind?

Your color choices sound good. One way to find out is to practice! Get a small can of the color and paint a 4' square or a 3x6' rectangle on the wall.

You may want this color to live on the kitchen side in tiles in this color. Next, it will be the counter.

Of course, my kitchen has lots of yellow with medium blue touches.

Colors that look best with white are what I call "top of the ocean" colors. These are greyed blues and greens and greys, dark colors. They really relax all that wonderful white. That's why I like your choice. Besides, dark colors won't make spaces look smaller. Small is small, and large is large. Anyway, with all those windows and white, it's a nice balance.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceMarch 13, 2007
Cleaning Smoke Stains from Walls
Cleaning Smoke Off Walls
Poison Oak leaves.
Getting Rid of Poison Oak
Oak Pedestal
Refinishing Oak Furniture
Large Kitchen Fire
Preventing Kitchen Fires
🎄