Arkansas Christmas Charities

I am out of work and I have no money. I need help getting my kids some Christmas gifts. Does anyone know where I can get help? I don't want them to get up to nothing that morning.

By Patty from Monticello, AR

Are you getting unemployment, if you are a single parent are you getting child support, and if you are a widow you must be getting survivor's benefits. You can always pick up some little thing at a dollar store or thrift store. Thrift stores do have some new items. Kids don't need a whole pile of gifts, one will be enought. They also don't need expensive, designer things or electronic stuff. WalMart has a good selection of stuff for under $10.00. Also if you are really low income you must have a social worker at the Department of Social Services and that person should have some ideas.

Also if your kids have grandparents or aunts and uncles won't they be giving gifts?