Homemade Chocolate Syrup

I save a lot of money with this recipe.

• 1/2 cup Cocoa
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • dash of salt

Combine cocoa, sugar, and salt in a saucepan. Add water, and mix until smooth. Bring this mixture to a boil. Allow it to boil for one minute, be careful this does not over boil. Remove from heat, when this cools add the vanilla.

I adapt this to the microwave by bringing it to a rolling boil in the microwave (about 6 minutes in mine). Probably less in everyone else's. :-) Just put it in a bowl that is large because it boils over easy and makes a big mess.

By Paula

This sounds interesting... I'll give it a try! The one I've been using is from a book that came with my old microwave. It is easy and very good on ice cream:

2 oz. unsweetened chocolate

1/4 cup milk

1/2 cup sugar

dash of salt

1/4 teaspoon vanilla

Combine chocolate and milk in 2-cup microwave safe container. Microwave on Med (50%) until melted, 1 -2 minutes, stirring 2 -3 times. Blend in sugar & salt. Microwave at Med-High (70%) until sugar is dissolved, 45 - 90 seconds. Stir in vanilla.

Next time I make this I will add a splash of chocolate liqueur along with the vanilla to liven up the flavor even more.

Finding out I'm lactose intolerant has kept me away from chocolate. I'll definitely try this recipe!

Chocolate Syrup Pouring onto Plate
Hershey's Chocolate Syrup Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes SaucesJuly 29, 2004
Homemade Strawberry Syrup on Pancakes
Homemade Syrup Recipes
Honey Substitute for Corn Syrup
Substitutes For Corn Syrup
Pouring Karo corn syrup into a measuring cup.
Karo Syrup Cookie Recipes