Violet at 8 Months (Parakeet)

Violet is 8 months old and a parakeet. My daughter got her for my husband's birthday.

She likes to sing, chirp, fly around and look out the window and watch the... birds. She likes to be tucked in at night. When we see that she is getting tired we say, "Does Violet want to go to bed?" Then she will hop up on her swing (that is where she sleeps), she stretches her wings a little and we put her cage cover on and say, "Good night Violet".

By Mary Lou from MD

Editor's Note: To see a previous post about Violet, follow this link:

Such a sweet bird. I have a parrot & the thing is you need to keep those wings clipped. It only takes one flight feather grown in too long & your sweet loving bird can fly out a window or door in a second while you are doing other things. I have lots of experience. When she stretches her wings out, when you are talking to her or paying her attention, that means she likes what you are doing. A tail wags mean the same thing. It's their way of communicating with you. I just love birds, they are smarter than people think.

How pretty a beautiful birdie. Love the sweet name, too.

She looks like Perry our boy parakeet. He loves to be covered at night and if I forget he lets us know by all the noise he makes. He likes to watch the dogs play and he likes to be talked to..he is a joy to watch...I think violet is very sweet!

Parakeet/Budgies
Parakeet/Budgie Photos
Pets BirdsJanuary 20, 2009
Parakeet
Parakeet Losing Its Feathers
Several different types of cut melons.
Freezing Melons (Cantaloupe, Crenshaw, Honeydew, And Watermelon)
Parakeet
Understanding Parakeet Behavior
Parakeets sitting on a wood perch.
Determining the Gender of a Parakeet
🎉
🎄