Frosted Sandwiched Pretzel Rounds

A few months ago I had some mini pretzel rounds that were sandwiched together with what appeared to be caramel and then covered in icing with sprinkles. They were absolutely delicious. It was a catered event so I couldn't get the recipe.

Does anyone (Robin) have any ideas on how these are made or perhaps you've had something similar and know how to make them. I'd appreciate it. I want to make a batch to give as a gift. Thank you

By Kathy from Sylvania, OH

I would melt the caramels in the microwave until soft, then spread them on the pretzels, and top with another. Then I would just dip them in melted chocolate wafers, set on foil and put sprinkles on; then let them set. You could probably even just put a half of a caramel on one pretzel, then bake them at about 250 until the caramels start to "sag", then pull the tray out and quickly cover with another pretzel.

This sounds like a nice combination!

Sounds good and quite easy, especially putting a caramel on a the pretzel and melting in the oven.

Sounds a bit like the pretzel squares with melted Rollo candies we had around Hallowe'en, addictive!

I have a easy recipe that is good, use a small pretzel twist, put a hershey kiss or hug on it and fill a cookie sheet with them.put in oven until they are soft and then press a red or green M"M on them and let harden and you have a yummy treat. Here are some of the treats I made last Christmas.

The easiest way to make them is to put the small pretzels on a large baking sheet and top each one with a Rollo caramel. Bake at 300 degrees for about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and squash another pretzel on top of the Rollo so the chocolate and caramel ooze through the top pretzel. When they are cool you can remove them from the baking sheet and dip them in warmed frosting or spread some frosting over the tops and decorate. They are great with just the Rollo and pretzel.

drmeidl, you should place your picture in the Thriftyfun contest. I love the idea of using cookies like Nutty Buddies for Santas. Pretty presentation.

Pretzels on White Background
Recipes Using Pretzels
Food and Recipes Recipes SnacksNovember 28, 2010
Reusable Crochet Cotton Facial Rounds
Making Reusable Crochet Cotton Facial Rounds
Pretzel Pumpkins
Making Pretzel Pumpkins
Pretzel Turtle Recipes
Pretzel Turtle Recipes