Ideas for Making an Activity Birthday Card for a Two Year Old

I am looking for ideas for an activity birthday card for a 2 year old. I make my own cards and would like to make the card with some kind of activities in it that my 2 year old grandson would be able to understand. Thanks for any input.

By Dwana

I do card-making, too. :-) Do you have a Xyron? I was thinking that you could make a card with the background scenery, and make a bunch of coordinating stickers for him to place around the card. You could do a theme of whatever he likes (like an ocean scene with fish, plants, seashells; a space scene with stars, planets, maybe a UFO; etc . . . ).

Or you could use brads to make a card with movable parts. I've seen these with spinning wheels, but those usually involve writing. If you think he'd like spinning wheels, you could use the brads to attach "tires" to a car (or truck/motorcycle). You could make an animal of some sort. I think a long, jointed snake would be particularly fun.

I'm sure there are other nifty things you could do, too. I hope you find something that both of you will enjoy. Have fun making the card!

Thank you so much for the ideas. I do not have a Xyron but have been thinking about getting one. I saw the sticker maker and a few other things that would be beneficial to me. I have Scrapbook factory and love it. It's the best thing my kids ever bought me for Christmas. I love the idea of spinning wheels. He loves his trucks and rolls them around all day. I think I will make a truck and car with spinning wheels. Thanks again for the ideas.

If you have them in your area, be sure to check Hobby Lobby and Michael's for their 40% off coupons. Hobby Lobby has one this week!

I don't use my Xyron very much. I have the smallest one. But when I want to use it, it does come in very handy. And if I've got extra refills around, it's fun to make stickers for my daughter on a rainy day. She makes the little drawings, and *I* put the paper through the Xyron (so I can use the paper/adhesive as efficiently as possible!). She loves having her own homemade stickers! :-)

Parenting Toddler and Preschooler ActivitiesDecember 30, 2010
Handmade card
Flower Birthday Card Crafts
Gift Card Holder Crafts
Gift Card Holder Crafts
Making Christmas Cards
Christmas Card Caption Ideas
A trunk for putting congratulations card into at a wedding.
Making a Card Box for Your Wedding