Fidget Apron for Simple Mobile Activity

I am looking for pattern for a fidget apron.

By Mary from Hampton, VA

Answers

September 13, 2010 Flag

Fidget Apron for Simple Mobile Activity

Fidget aprons are great for dementia or Alzheimer's patients, or even people who have had strokes who like to "fidget". They provide a simple, mobile activity for the busy hands of people with decreased cognitive skills. They give patients the joy of doing something with their hands.

Each one is unique based on the gadgets used. Items can be placed in a pocket, such as a scarf, for folding. You can also add zippers, buttons, ribbons/shoelaces, old bead necklaces, or other items you wish to recycle. These would be great to make for hospitals or nursing homes.

Source: My grandmother had a stroke and was in a wheelchair. She was always fidgeting with something.

By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC

Answers:

Fidget Apron for Simple Mobile Activity

I thought this was such a wonderful idea and voted for it. Then I spoke to my daughter who works in a nursing home. I wanted to make several aprons and donate them for the patients. She said that it is a wonderful idea, but they could not give them to the patients. It seems that family members are very lawsuit-minded now a days and if a button came off or if they caught a finger in the zipper. Well, such a sad state, but anyway this is a great idea if your own family member is in need. (08/11/2009)

By Eileen Celeste

Fidget Apron for Simple Mobile Activity

Great idea and if a family member sees someone else's loved one enjoying one of these in the nursing home, perhaps they will order or buy one for their own family's use. (08/11/2009)

By Cathy S

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Man in wheelchair
Caring for a Disabled Adult
Better Living Family Elderly Parent CareSeptember 13, 2010
Woman wearing a handmade apron.
Making an Apron
Child's Apron
Making a Child's Apron
Two pop bottle fish hanging in a window.
Making a Pop Bottle Fish Mobile
Making a Jeans Apron
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 16, 2017 at 4:35:32 PM on 10.0.2.108 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.