Lemon Aide Cake

A great summer treat is lemonade. With this recipe, you can "Have your cake and eat it too". . . Lemon Aide Cake, that is. This is the treat for the "Lemon Loves".

• Yellow cake mix or Lemon cake mix
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/3 cup cooking oil
  • 1 cup water

• 1 small can frozen lemon juice
  • 1 cup sugar

Prepare a Bundt Pan by spraying generously with (non-flavored) cooking oil spray. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.

Using an electric mixer, mix all cake ingredients in a large bowl for 3 minutes. Pour batter evenly into bundt pan. Tap pan to remove air bubbles. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until cake springs back when gently pressed with finger.

While cake is baking, pour lemon juice into a medium size bowl and add the cup of sugar. Stir until as much of the sugar is dissolved as possible. Set aside and stir about every 15 minutes until cake is baked.

Remove cake from oven. Using a knife, poke deep holes in cake close together. Pour 1/2 of the lemon juice mix over cake. Using knife, gently lift cake from sides of pan and pour a small amount of juice into side. Continue around cake. Let cake set until the juice is absorbed. DO NOT allow cake to cool completely. (Store cake in an air tight cake box.)

Flip cake onto a large dinner plate or cake plate. Serve with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream. Garnish with twisted lemon slices and mint leaves. Lemon Aide Cake is a hit for any gathering and makes a great gift.

Source: My father loved lemons. He didn't like cake. He said he wished he had a lemon aide cake. I loved to bake and knew how to make a pound cake with cake mix. I added lemon Jello mix to the batter. I took him literally and used sweetened frozen lemon juice to soak into the cake. I submitted this recipe to Betty Crocker in the early 60's and was published. This recipe has won many rewards. I am now sharing it with you. ENJOY

By Crafty Nana from Lebanon Junction, Kentucky

This cake sounds wonderful and I have just added a lemon cake mix and frozen lemonade to my shopping list!

Thanks for sharing!

Hi, I'm from KY, too! Just printed this yummy-sounding recipe. It's very impressive that it was published by Betty Crocker, and I can't wait to try it.

Lemon Cake
Lemon Cake Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Cakes FruitJune 25, 2008
Lemon Oil
Cleaning With Lemon Oil
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Vanilla cake with filling and vanilla frosting.
Vanilla Cake Recipes
Lemon Squares on a plate with lemon slices.
Lemon Squares Recipes