Helping Bruises Heal Quickly

Soak a cotton ball in white vinegar and apply it to the bruise for 1 hour. The vinegar reduces the blueness and speeds up the healing process.

Source: My Grandma

By JodiT from Aurora, CO

January 19, 2011 Flag

Try applying a mixture of toothpaste and skin lotion to a bruise and wrap the area with an ace bandage or a band-aid (to keep the sheets clean while you sleep), wash off the paste in the morning, and reapply for two or three nights. The bruise should disappear much more quickly.

By fossil1955 from Cortez, CO

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 7, 2010 Flag

A while ago, someone asked how to get bruises to heal quickly and what to use on them. Could you repeat this request for me? Thank you.

Rosalie

Answers:

Helping Bruises Heal Quickly

I have fair skin I bruise easy. It looks bad because I do bruise easy. I asked a nurse about that she said just put some ice I guess a ice pack after you bump your self to stop it from getting worse other than that let time heal it. (04/01/2010)

By little_red87

Helping Bruises Heal Quickly

Arnica cream is supposed to work well on bruises. (04/02/2010)

By Tapestry Lady

Helping Bruises Heal Quickly

Dr. Oz just talked about bruises on his show the other day, here's a link to the video on his website:

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/bruise-basics (04/02/2010)

By lyonpridej

Helping Bruises Heal Quickly

I'm with Tapestry Lady, arnica cream or Jamison makes a gel. It's my favorite remedy for bruising, and boy do I bruise! It eases any pain by bringing the bruise out quicker. Has not much odor and usually available in health food stores and organic areas of some pharmacies.

I am not sure it's available, arnica itself (dried) could be steeped like herbal tea and used as a wash I would think. (04/03/2010)

By thriftmeg

Helping Bruises Heal Quickly

Arnica gel or cream. Buy the one with the highest percentage of arnica. Been using it for years. Works wonders.
I get it at the health food store.

(04/03/2010)

By cookwie

Helping Bruises Heal Quickly

Nothing I have ever tried beats Vicks vapor rub. The ingredients make a bruise yellow up quickly and work every time. Vicks is a miracle product in my opinion. (04/04/2010)

By ScotFinn

Helping Bruises Heal Quickly

Good old Vaseline, it makes them fade faster. (04/07/2010)

By bridget not gidget

Helping Bruises Heal Quickly

Rub the inside of a banana peel on the fresh bruise to help the discoloration fade faster or not appear.

(04/21/2010)

By lindajeang

Helping Bruises Heal Quickly

Please extend my thanks to everyone who replied to my request for help in my bruises.(04/24/2010)

By Rosalie

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Health & Beauty Home RemediesJanuary 19, 2011
Man with a sore mouth.
Caring for Your Gums After a Tooth Extraction
Helping Someone With Alzheimer's
Helping a Loved One with Alzheimer's
Remedies for Bruises, Bruised Ankle
Remedies for Bruises
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 11:08:44 PM on 10.0.0.251 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.