Buying and Using Essential Oils

Where is the best place to get essential oils? And can anyone tell me a little about there use?

Thanks,
Denise from Mcrae, GA

My skin is extremely dry. So much that a few parts of my body , has cracked skin. Even though I use creams and lotions for soothing. My hands and feet have wrinkles [ALTHOUGH I AM A TEENAGER] .My palms are also extremely rough.My face is not dry though. I would like you to tell me a Home-made remedy or a cream that is really effective.

THANX

XYZ

dear xyz,you may want to get checked for psorisis this is a skin condition that needs to be treated by a dr and it sounds like you may have it. on the other hand if it is not you can treat your hands and any dry skin with mane and tail conditioner.this can be picked up in most drug stores and is very inexpensive.it was originally used for horses but is now produces for human use also.it works great for dry cracked skin hope this helps

I use Dischem Vitamin E 7000 Cream on my skin (heels also!) and it works wonderfully. Not greasy at all and R30 for a big tub. However, this is South Africa, so I don't know what similar products are available in your country.

Dry skin could also be a symptom of poor blood circulation, so it's worth investigating that as well. Especially if you are diabetic and your feet are affected.

There are lots of places to be thrifty-this isn't one of them. Buying true essential oils is a "you get what you pay for" area. For instance, rose oil is very expensive, like $100/oz or something, so if you find a "deal" at $4.95, you're not getting true rose oil. Most other true oils aren't this expensive, but they aren't cheap. The good news is that a little goes a long way, so you won't have to use a lot in your project. I would suggest the brands Nature's Sunshine and Health Quest.""

I buy a lot of products from http://therapygarden.com/Merchant2/4.20/merchant.mvc? to use when making my own lotions, soaps, etc. I love their stuff!

I buy the essential oils that I use (peppermint oil for instance for mouse repellent; works great!) at our local health food store. And Beckie is right: this is one area not to scrimp on; make sure that they are the true essential oil, yes the real oils will be more expensive but you don't have to use very much each time since they're so concentrated; the imitation ones won't work nearly as well (or at all!) for what you're using them for. (If you don't have a good local health food store that sells them, maybe you can find them online.) Good luck!

I buy essential oils at www.craftybubbles.com for $1 each. They are about $5 each locally, so it's worth it for me. How are they used? For us, I use them to scent homemade laundry detergent and cleaners, as a fragrance when I'm vacuuming my carpets to freshen the air. They are supposed to be used for a variety of things, I use the lavendar for scent as well as antibacterial/antiseptic properties.

I swear by Corn Huskers Lotion and Bag Balm for cracked skin. Both are fairly inexpensive. You can still find Corn Huskers at most drug stores, and Bag Balm can be found at most feed and seed stores, also mail order through Vermont Country Store and Lehmans.

With respect to essential oils...this truly is one place you don't want to scrimp. You get what you pay for. Also, essential oils are concentrated and NOT food grade products. DO NOT ingest them or feed them to your pets. I also don't reccomend putting them on your pets skin or fur, especially cats since they groom heavily. Just my personal opinion.

I got some oils for soap but they work great on skin to at "Michael's" for $2.99(Can.). Like these aren't essential oils but they're the same but cheaper.

If you have a whole foods/health food store near you they usually carry decent oils. And they also have a variety of books available usually. I buy most of my oils online from Aromaland. They have been in business a long time and have been extremely pleased with the quality of their oils. http://www.aromaland.com They also sell decoder card wheels that offer a quick view of recipe formulas and they also offer email discounts, free shipping offers and sales if you sign up for them. Another good source is http://www.mountainroseherbs.com My two primary books are "The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy" by Valerie Worwood and "Aromatherapy, A Lifetime Guide to Healing with Essential Oils" by Valerie Cooksley.

Lavender Essential Oil
Using Essential Oils
Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes AdviceMarch 13, 2007
Lavender Essential Oil
Using Lavender Essential Oil
Homemade perfume in a glass bottle.
Homemade Perfume Recipes
Lavender Oil
Making Lavender Oil
A sachet filled with potpourri
Crafts Using Potpourri
🎉
🎄