Recycling Dehumidifier Water into My Pool

I have an indoor pool in which I am recycling my dehumidifier water by draining it back to the pool. I've read various postings here about the dangers of drinking the water, but is it a problem introducing it back to a 6000 gallon pool?

By Jeffrey from Backus, MN

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

The reason you are not supposed to use it for drinking is that it can have a lot of bacteria or mold spores, etc. in it. However, I would think your pool's purification system would take care of any of that. I think it would be a great way to re-use that water. It can also be used for plants, and in the garden.

Why do that? If you can afford a pool you can afford to fill it. If you must use the water from your dehumidifier just water your trees or plant with it. There is such a thing as being too frugal.

Portable Dehumidifier
Using Dehumidifiers
Better Living Green Living RecyclingDecember 27, 2009
Recycle Sweaters into Scarves
Recycling Sweaters into Scarves
Cloudy water in an above ground pool.
Cloudy Water in an Above Ground Pool
backyard pool
Using Swimming Pool Water for Plants
Recycled Paper Envelope Finished
Making Recycling Fun
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 20, 2017 at 8:30:16 AM on 10.0.0.76 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.