Uses for Old Tablecloths

Ideas for using old tablecloths that are stained or you no longer want to use on a table. Post your ideas.

If you have an old tablecloth that you don't want to use anymore just cut it into place mats for use on your table.

By Robin

You can also use them as drop cloths for painting and crafts.

my mom and I put them in the trunk of our cars so when we get groceries if we buy chicken or when we have animals killed (from our farm) we keep from getting blood on the carpet.

we also save them and lay them in the floor when it comes time to paint a room.

Last winter we used some as a mat for our dogs to sleep on at night

We have "leaf pick-up" by our city in the fall, so we use an old tablecloth to rake the leaves onto (shiny side down to make it slide easily across the ground), then pull it out to the curb for pick-up. We have also used it as a dropcloth.

I use them to protect floors/tiles/etc. when I dye my hair. Unlike newspapers or towels, they have a alyer to kep the dye from bleeding through.

Often in the spring we will experience a "late freeze or frost"......also in the fall we seem to have a few "early freeze" nights too. The beautiful early flowers in the spring.....and also those last brilliant mums in the fall can be protected by covering them in the evening with old tablecloths, sheets, and blankets. Just remove them the next morning and you'll enjoy your flowers for many more days! Our TV weatherman always warns us when this may occur.

You know with bad weather it might pay to have these in the trunk of the car in case the car gets stuck or there is a wreck. Be sure they are clean and in plastic to stay clean and dry. Put under the tires if you get stuck in ice or snow. To keep you warmer if you get stuck but always put snacks and water in the car before going out in the bad weather. Keep blanket flares etc.. So many things to do with un-used items.

I make tote bags to take to the grocery store, and laundry bags out of my old tablecloths. Cut the stained sections up for dust cloths.