Microwave Doggie Doughnuts
The great thing about these dog treats is that you can make them in your microwave. It's really nice in summer so you don't heat up kitchen.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 Tbsp. oatmeal
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2/3 cup beef or chicken broth
- Place flour in bowl, add egg and broth, mix well.
- Blend in oatmeal and garlic powder.
- Roll dough into a ball, then roll out on lightly floured surface to 1/2 in thickness.
- Cut with small doughnut cutter.
- Re-roll scraps, arrange in shallow baking dish or parchment paper, in a single layer.
- Cook on high 10 minutes or until firm. If baking half the doughnuts, only bake for 5 minutes.
- Let cool until hardened.
- Store in covered container in refrigerator.
Source: I got this from my local veterinarian.
By Elaine from IA
Editor's Note: Many veterinarians advise for pet owners to avoid feeding garlic to dogs. There are some who recommend it. Speak to your vet or just omit the garlic powder from this recipe.
March 5, 20090 found this helpful
Oh I know my doggie is gonna woof these right up! Thank you.
March 6, 20091 found this helpful
Like the editor says, Garlic can cause gastric upset in dogs and is not good to feed them. Omit the garlic for best results! :) Robyn
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 28, 2016 at 4:22:20 PM on 10.0.0.46 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us