Straightening Wavy Hair

Can any one give me a solution to straighten the waves in my hair without using chemicals or iron? I would look great without these waves!

Prova from Bangladesh

If your hair is long cutting it some may help. Often, it's the weight of the hair that makes it wave.

Long hair that is wavy usually is very curly when cut short.

Blow it dry using a paddle brush. While blow drying, brush up from the bottom (like from behind your ear, up over the top of your head to the other side)

I hope I can explain this the proper way! My hairdresser did this (and I can too!) and my hair is straight and silky.

You really do have to dry it completely; not just until it's damp.

Please send me your waves. I will gladly send you my straight hair in trade. U^u*U

You could save empty orange juice cans and jumbo bobby pins, and set your hair on these as curlers. For bangs, use a gel and stick your hair down (be careful not to frown until it dries). The orange juice cans can all be bound into a mesh scarf. This is the exact ensemble I was wearing when I was caught out after curfew in high school!

Now I'm very happy to have some waves in my hair. I wanted broomstick straight hair like California surfer girls, but now I know that swinging-curtain straight hair girls really want some waves!

Well my hair is really wavy and poofy at the ends. it look sorta a silly too. I wear it up in a pony tail once in awhile so, I know it cant be from over wearing it. I make sure I use only conditoner, because I know that shampoo can tend to do that to some peoples hair. I cut the ends every so on to make sure of no split ends. I never use harsh hair tools. I use moisturerizing serums and creems for it. I read almost everything you can find how to keep hair healthy. The only thing that i think might be against me is that i have WELL WATER! But if any one has any advise then please help me!

I've tried mixing glycerin into my shampoo, it works great.

May 13, 2011 Flag

I have curly hard hair. I heard about the natural straightening method using lemon juice and coconut oil. Is lemon juice harmful to hair? Will it cause any damage to hair?

By Akhil

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I am a beautician and also have curly hair that gets frizzy in humidity. I don't believe that lemon and coconut will harm your hair although keep in mind some people use lemon to lighten their hair ( not much tho )The oil would serve to weight the hair down like some over the counter de-friz products. Try Sleek look by Matric they have a lite and a heavy cream as a leave in smoother.

Lemon juice can really lighten your hair! I went from dark brown to almost blonde by spraying it on once when I was a teenager. Coconut oil is great for my hair to keep it smooth, but I use just a tiny bit.

A woman using a flat iron on her brown hair.
Straightening Your Hair
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips StylingSeptember 11, 2007
A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
Permed Hair
Straightening Permed Hair
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink