Dressing for a Retirement Banquet

My school system is having a retirement banquet for all employees that retired in 2009. What shall I wear? I am a female. Thanks

By Mickey from Virginia Beach, VA

Dress the best you can, if you go to church ,you may want to get a nice dress you can wear to church or call a few of the females to see what they will wear, good luck.

Here are my rules (!) I'm 54.

I always wear a dress, no matter what, even if it's cold. I'm a little vain that way and believe all women should show off those legs, girl! If the event is on a Saturday night, I wear a knee length cocktail dress. I'd likely wear something with a little (a little) sparkle like beading. As far as color, I'd likely wear black to be safe.

I add color in jewelry and scarves. I've got jewelry that is not conservative, so I put my punch there. But if you're less conservative wear any color you like, go for it! See colors below.

I don't go for low cut, but my legs are fairly decent, so I go mid knee. I've seen women with floor length dresses on sat. nights, but unless it's a wedding, etc., I do knee length. If it's on a Friday night, I wear a very nice dress, no beading or sparkles. a dress that would be nicer than I'd wear on a Sunday. See what you can add with jewelry or a beautiful scarf if it's a solid dress.

A fairly conservative color; burgundy, royal blue, royal purple, red-I don't know, I'm kind of shy; forest green; creamy beige; but these are the colors I like, so use your colors!

I'm assuming the party is at night. No white. Cream is ok.

If it's during the day on Saturday or Sunday, I'd wear my very best dress, not a casual one or a sundress type dress, but like for church, only a few steps up from that. Here I think white or cream, pink, blue, yellow - I would pretty much do any color during the day. Red, I don't know for me if I'd do red because of my shyness.

But baby if you're a red girl, go for it 100%! Make them remember you! Have a lovely time it sounds like so much fun. And how generous of your school system. Take lots of pictures. Maybe you'll have the opportunity to make a friend or renew a friendship. Bring a little notebook with you or your cell phone.Wouldn't that be great to hook up with a friend after all!

Remember to bring some kind of wrap with you because it might be cold in the restaurant.

Wear comfortable shoes; buy them early and break them in early. Remember to scuff the bottom of the shoes with sandpaper so you don't slip.

Depending if you are one of the guests of honor or a guest going. Always what you wear for church is fine. Change up the jewelery. A nice suit/skirt with gold earrings, bracelet.

Holidays and Parties Parties RetirementJune 6, 2010
Retirement Gift Ideas
Retirement Gift Ideas
Retirement Party Ideas
Retirement Party Ideas
Finding a Good Retirement Community, Houses in a retirement community.
Finding a Good Retirement Community
🎄