How do I remove work from a circular knifty knitter?

How do I remove work from a circular knifty knitter without having to pucker it like a drawstring? I want to finish it off so it is a tube that I can put a bottom in. I don't want fringe or anything.

OldAl from Bloomington, IN

Here is what it says in a booklet that I bought at Walmart for about a dollar. To finish off a flat piece of knitting, use a large crochet hook and take first loop off, then single crochet, using the yarn that you are knitting with. Keep it very loose. Continue on to the next loop and single crochet around the loom. If this is too tight, do a single crochet stitch in the bar between the knit stitches. Weave in the tail when you finish.

Hope this helps.

P.S. I just found another way on a different page of the same booklet. It says: Using a crochet hook, pick up the last two loops and lift them off the pegs. Pull the second loop through the last loop, then slide the crochet hook through the third loop. Lift it off the peg and pull through the second loop. Coninue around and end by pulling the wrapping yarn through the last loop. Pull it tight and weave in the tail. This is kind of how we used to finish off the loop potholders that we all made as kids.

Harlean from Arkansas

Crafts KnittingOctober 27, 2006
Knifty Knitter Loom
Making a Blanket With a Knifty Knitter
Finding Knifty Knitter Patterns
Finding Knifty Knitter Patterns
long loom
Using a Knifty Knitter Long Loom