Dixie (Australian Shepherd or Blue Heeler)

Dixie is a 4 year old Australian Shepherd or Blue Heeler. My Granddaughter bought Dixie at Barrel racing event about 4 years ago, she was 6 weeks old at the time.

Dixie loves to to play catch, she has her favorite tennis ball, she loves to fetch, and play catch with it. Dixie is also very good with a Frisbee. She had an old soccer ball that she tore all of the outer cover off, she loved to play with that until it came up missing one day.

Dixie is a very loyal companion she goes with me every place that I go. She loves to play with the horses. We have a neighbor that has two dogs, whenever they are out, Dixie will go over and run the fence line with them.

Dixie is a the very best dog that I have ever had the privilege of caring for. She is one of kind. Dixie, sometimes will be laying on the patio with all 4 legs up in the air as if she is dead, she will lay there for about 15 or 20 minutes never moving a muscle.

She knows all of the cars in the neighborhood and if someone comes down our dead end street that she doesn't know them she will let everyone know there is a stranger among us.

By John

Awww...Dixie is adorable! She has a wonderful home and many friends to keep her company.

John, Dixie looks just like my Jerico that I adopted a few years ago. Jerico does the same thing as laying on his back with his legs straight in the air. He is the best dog I have ever had and I really love the little devil, and believe me, he is sneaky and can get into lots of trouble. I also have a black lab and an Australian terrier, but Jerico is the best of them all.

Australian Shepherd Mix
Australian Shepherd Mix Photos
Photos Pets DogsSeptember 13, 2010
Australian Shepherd Breed Information and Photos
Australian Cattle Dog
Australian Cattle Dog Breed Information and Photos
German Shepherd Mix
German Shepherd Mix Breed Information and Photos
Blue Heeler
Blue Heeler Breed Information and Photos