Selling Crafts in Front of Your House

Are there any laws against selling crafts in front of your house? Like a table full of koolaid handbags?

giftsandbags.com from Miami

Oh, I am sure there are laws about such things. I think you should call your city offices and ask someone there. You will probably get a person that doesn't have a clue, but maybe they can refer you to someone else. Plan to spend some time on the phone, especially if you get one of those irritating automated voice menus that tell you options to press and none of the options are what you want!! The laws that are in effect may only be for someone that makes a certain amount in income from the sales of their craft. You may have to apply for a tax registration from the state so you can pay sales tax. Maybe there is a lawyer that you can call in your area to ask a few questions over the phone? Good luck in your future business.

Thanks I'll go down the street and ask. I just hate having to go thru this.

I would just go through the same procedures your city allows for garage sales. Post signs that say "Sale" instead of garage sale. I have seen many signs that just say "sale". Good Luck!

Better check with your city. Where I live, this would qualify as a yard sale. We are only allowed two per year and you have to buy a license to have one or you will be fined.

I would say how successful you would be would depend on your neighborhood. If it is high traffic you would probably do alright without advertising.