Carpet Cleaning Solution to Control Fleas

By Lee 1

Does anyone know of something I can add to carpet cleaning solution to help control fleas?

Lee

Showing: Answers Sort

By Noella 11 381 Flag

I used to have trouble with fleas with a cat that I had. The only way I could rid of the fleas was flea-bomb the house - I put a can in each room, the cat and I left for a couple of hours and when I came back, the fleas were gone. The thing you want to do after that is to get flea meds for your cat or dog so they don't bring them back into the house. And a heads up - flea meds from Wal-Mart generally don't work. You need to get them from your vet. Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I sprinkle Borax on carpet and leave for 30 - 45 minutes. Then I vacuum it up.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I have a friend who puts a small amount on dawn dish soap in a spray bottle filled with water. She sprays her carpets, etc. a couple times a week and says it works. I also saw on tv to vacuum daily, put moth balls in the bag and sprinkle salt all over your carpets every day. Within a week or so, they all die. I agree that you must get meds from the vets office to treat your animals, over the counter stuff don't work.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By cathy 1 Flag

u can also make a mixture of this and spray on carpet..the vet gave me this for the live fleas on a 6 week old dog..u get a lemon make it one with a thick rine,and get 1Tbs rosemary herb,and 1 quart of water.. crush the herb and then slice the lemon in paper thin slices add all to the water and then bring to boil.. let it sit over night and then drain the liquid into a spray bottle ..shake well and spray...the vet said this is also good for furnture and u also can spray on yourself for mosquisito`s

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetJuly 22, 2008
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Someone using a carpet cleaner.
Homemade Carpet Shampoo Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
Cleaning Your Carpet Without a Machine
Cleaning Your Carpet Without a Machine
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:07:34 PM on 10.0.2.127 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings