Removing Dye That Transfered From Denim Skirt To Boots - Categories:

StainsCleaning

Removing Dye That Transfered From Denim Skirt To Boots

Hi,
My name is Sonia from Newcastle upon Tyne, England.

I have a lovely pair of tan leather boots, unfortunately I got caught in the rain, I was wearing a long denim skirt and the skirt rubbed against my boots and the dye from the skirt has stained my boots. It looks as if the top layer of leather has rubbed away and the exposed under layer has been stained by the dye from my denim skirt. I've been told by a local shoe shop that white spirit may remove the dye but they could not guarantee the outcome. Can anyone please give me some suggestions for removing the stain. The boots are new and I'd hate to have to throw them out.

Thanks
Sonia Bradley

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Try rubbing antibacterial gel into the stain. Allow to set for 15 min. or so then rub off with soft cloth. I've removed all kinds of stains with antibacterial gel and it hasn't harmed any surface I've used it on.

If all else fails have the boots dyed , Navy or black????? I Hope something works for you. But don't give up just yet. Have you tried calling the manufacturer ? They might have the answer for you. Good Luck

what in the world is antibacterial gel?

To guest post. I think antibacterial gel might be the waterless hand gel. ??? GGVi

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsJanuary 2, 2005
custom bleached denim with an intricate design
Bleaching Denim
The back pocket of blue jeans.
Softening Stiff Denim
Men's leather winter boots.
Removing Smoke Odor from Leather Boots
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 8:53:58 AM on 10.0.0.227 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.