Moving a Mobile Home

I am looking for advice and tips from anyone who has ever physically moved a mobile home from one location to another piece of land. Specifically, what kind of prep work do I have to do with the household items and furniture on the interior of the mobile home? I know that breakable items would need to be removed before the move, but I'm not sure what else must be done, like anchoring down appliances, etc. The mobile home in question is a single-wide 12 X 70 foot building and would likely be moving less than 10 miles total. Any helpful advice on this subject will be greatly appreciated!

We have moved several mobile homes during our marriage. I would lay lamps, anything heavy or breakable that is on the wall or on tables etc on the floor. I taped the cabinets closed. Set dishes etc in the sofa (did not removed pots & pans, food etc just breakable things). Put things in the sink and bathroom sink. Tape the door to the fridge closed after removing things that would fall over or spill. Set things like microwave in the floor. If you think of anything you want to ask email me at sewforothers AT and put moving in subject line. Good luck!

We had our Mobile Home moved from BC to Manitoba (Canada) 30+ years ago. The mover told us to remove the top of the toilet tank, wrap it in towels & lay it on the floor; put the removable mirrors (Bathroom Medicine Cabinet) between the mattress & box springs of the beds; pack heavy objects from the upper Kitchen cabinets and stuff all the cabinets in the kitchen with pillows before taping them shut. This was a private mover and he only guarenteed the outside of the mobile. It arrived safe and sound, only casualties were the front screen door hinges and a stone chip in our Living Room window. We are still living in the same Mobile, sitting on the same lot in Manitoba and love it to death!! Not many conventional houses hold up as well as our Mobile has and I have never had that dreaded basement!! Good luck on your move, hope we have been of some assistance.

Home and Garden Home Improvement AdviceJuly 27, 2006
Mobile Homes in Snow
Winterizing Your Mobile Home
mobile homes
Storage Solutions for a Mobile Home
Two pop bottle fish hanging in a window.
Making a Pop Bottle Fish Mobile
Remodeled Mobile Home
Remodeling A Mobile Home