Beautiful Beaded Snowflakes
- lids from the clear or white 35mm film canisters
- assorted clear or colored beads: round, rondels, spaghetti beads, and paddle wheels
- 1 package of corsage pins
- 1 package of regular sewing pins with the round head - try to find silver or gold
- 1 package of 16 mm round jewels
- 1 package of acrylic rhinestones
- Take the lid off of the canister and turn it over, you want the side with the big hole in the middle facing you.
- Take a corsage pin and run beads up it leaving just enough at the end to be able to stick it in the side of the canister lid.
- Make six of these and stick them in the lid.
- Now take the small pins and do the same thing, pushing these in between the larger corsage pins.
- Now glue a 16 mm clear round jewel in the center and cover the lip with the rhinestones. You should find that the larger corsage pins only come in to the first ring and that the shorter pins stick into where you are gluing the round jewel.
- To finish, turn the snowflake around and carefully fill the first ring with hot glue, this should anchor your corsage pins.
You do not have to make these with just clear beads, they also look great in other colors. These are quick and easy to make. You should be able to make quite a few while you watch TV. It is also easy enough for older kids to make them. Hang them on your Christmas tree, in your windows, or tie on to packages.
By Debra in CO
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
November 5, 20040 found this helpful
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 3, 2016 at 10:12:06 AM on 10.0.2.172 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us