Using Cooking Bags In Your Crockpot

Can I use "oven cooking bags" in my crockpot?

Sharon from Southern Illinois

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I use them all of the time in my Crockpot, I've never added water though.

Jennifer

Northern Virginia

Why the water in the crock pot before the cooking bag?

Thank you for the GREAT tip!

Yes, you can use oven bags in a crockpot just like you would use them in an oven. I've put all the stuff in the bag, tied it loosely, in order to let steam escape. Works fine.

I do not use any cooking bags period. When exposed to high temps they give off chemicals which I can't begin to spell. These chemicals are potentially serious especially to young children. All your plastic wraps do the same thing when in the microwave, even the special cooking bags of veggies you "steam". Bottom line use wax paper for the microwave, glass dishes, not plastic to cook in et. Spray your crock pot with Pam et. I know we all like to make life easier as we are so busy et, but let's consider our children. Peace....

I'm doing a pot roast with the bag in the slow cooker. Should I have the meat or veg on the bottom side? Does it matter? Also is it okay that it is quite full?

Comment

Roast and vegetables in crockpot.
Using A Slow Cooker (Crockpot)
Food and Recipes Food Tips Crockpot CookingApril 3, 2006
Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags, Coins in Zip-Lock Bag
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags
A cooked turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in a Slow Cooker (Crockpot)
Healthy Crockpot Recipes
Healthy Crockpot Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 14, 2016 at 7:11:34 AM on 10.0.1.194 in 300 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.