Using Cooking Bags In Your Crockpot

Can I use "oven cooking bags" in my crockpot?

Sharon from Southern Illinois

By Jennifer Nelson 1 314 04/03/2006

I use them all of the time in my Crockpot, I've never added water though.

Northern Virginia

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Christine Goodwin (Guest Post) 04/03/2006

Why the water in the crock pot before the cooking bag?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Annie Rios Hill 14 1,777 04/04/2006

Thank you for the GREAT tip!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Meari 8 113 04/04/2006

Yes, you can use oven bags in a crockpot just like you would use them in an oven. I've put all the stuff in the bag, tied it loosely, in order to let steam escape. Works fine.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Amanda (Guest Post) 07/25/2008

I do not use any cooking bags period. When exposed to high temps they give off chemicals which I can't begin to spell. These chemicals are potentially serious especially to young children. All your plastic wraps do the same thing when in the microwave, even the special cooking bags of veggies you "steam". Bottom line use wax paper for the microwave, glass dishes, not plastic to cook in et. Spray your crock pot with Pam et. I know we all like to make life easier as we are so busy et, but let's consider our children. Peace....

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Rachael L. 1 02/02/2014

I'm doing a pot roast with the bag in the slow cooker. Should I have the meat or veg on the bottom side? Does it matter? Also is it okay that it is quite full?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Post a Comment