My Pool Looks Like the Black Lagoon

I have an in-ground swimming pool. I have a 16x32 pool with a loop-lock cover. When cover is removed it looks like the black lagoon, Does anyone know what chemicals should be added before starting up the pool?

Win2868 from Boston, MA

You should first go to your pool supply company and tell them the size and type of pool. They will make recommendations according to how much water you have to treat. After getting it started you could then take a sample of water back in for analysis and get further recommendations.

The start up chemicals include chlorine and algecide for certain and then some types of pool clarifyer or scale remover.

I just use plain ol' clorax in my pool and it stays clean all the time. Just get about 3 quarts and just poor it in the pool. Turn on your pump and let it circulate over night and the next day, your pool will be clean.

Do this method about twice a month.

We have an inground pool with the salt water system and it is the best system ever. Very easy to maintain and simple. Just add pool salt at beginning of season and salt system converts salt to chlorine. Extremely cost effective. My pool supply store says there is not much that Shock and running your pump continually won't fix. You never add chlorine, just occasional cups of acid or base, depending on what your water test shows you need.

I learned the hard way not to mess with pool chemicals. See your pool dealer, bring them a sample of the water. After the test they will tell yo what to use. Write down the instructions. What goes in first, how much time to let the pump work. If all else fails you can have a service come to open and close your pool. Still you need take care of it during swimming season, or have them do it 100 percent which is not cheap. Also certain bacteria can be very harmful to women.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Pools and Hot TubsJune 4, 2006
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Black Widow Spider Costume
underside of Black Widow Spider
Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders
Black Bean Salsa
Black Bean Salsa Recipes
A woman pushing a cart of presents.
Finding Black Friday Deals Online
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 20, 2016 at 5:26:18 PM on in 978 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.