This craft is so simple, not only because of it's design, but because you can customize it any way you want.
You would have to because no one will be able to find the things I did to make it, so it's always going to be one of a kind!
You can put it on your door, a wall inside or on the porch (I don't recommend these get wet).
Approximate Time: 30-60 minutes
- 6 inch or larger/smaller rattan ring from Dollar Tree, craft shop or thrift shop
- size "N" or smaller crochet hook
- scrap burgundy, tan and navy yarn
- matching ribbon or raffia
- country buttons and wooden embellishments
- hot glue gun
- beaded pin for bottom (optional)
- for this one, a mini shadow box with beans
- for yours: flag? star? heart? more bows or ribbons?
- for mine: a miniature washtub
- metal spoon or flat butter knife
- Set hot glue to low temp or if you don't have a dual temp one, make sure you don't get burned. They run about 360 degrees and can cause serious burns.
- Crochet a chain long enough to wrap around the ring with each of the three colors, OR find a yarn that is already all three colors. Start at the back of the ring, and hot glue the end. Wrap around the ring and hot glue at the back of every other spot.
- Do the same with your ribbon/ribbons. It's very pretty with multiple ribbons, too.
- Hot glue the center item to the front of the ring.
NOTE: You don't have to have anything in the center. Again, you can use a heart or star or flag here and use nothing on the bottom. It's all up to you!
- Fill the shadow box (or if your decoration is done and ready), and hang it with ribbon or raffia to the bottom.
- Using some of your ribbon, make a hanger and either wrap around the ring or hot glue it to the back.
- If you have a high/single temp glue gun, keep the spoon or knife handy to press your item to be glued. Never use your fingers!
- Embellish with buttons, small wooden shapes or mini flags. The possibilities are endless as your imagination.
Hang and show your love for your country!
By Sandra from Salem OR