Heart Tree Ornament

Three years ago, I made about 450 ornaments, hoping to sell them at the local Holiday show in Turner, OR. I think I still have oh...about 425 left! Not a great show and definitely my last.

However, my ornaments might help you decorate your tree and so it won't be a loss, I am sharing! Since I don't know when TF can get these on, just keep looking for the rest, a total of 9 or 10.

The first is a Heart Tree.

You find the fabric you like and the size of hearts you like. You will need two or three. One needs to be bigger than the next and the next, etc.

Make a stiffener of 3 parts glue to 1 part water, and brush on the front with a foam brush. Cut the hearts out when they dry, as they are like cutting paper.

Glue one to the other, overlapping just a bit. Let dry.

Place your dry tree on a piece of felt, and cut around it.

Whip stitch with holiday colored crochet thread to the felt.

Embellish with wooden pieces, buttons, scraps of fabric, etc.

Cool glue a felt loop on the back of the top and you are done!

NOTE: You can make these with any kind of fabric. I chose plaid because I have always liked a country look. You can make them out of spangly felt and eliminate the fabric, using different colors for each "layer". You could make them with satin or rayon, but the fabric won't stand up as well as cotton to the glue.

If you like sparkly things, make them out of something pretty and put glitter glue or half pearls or rhinestones on instead of country buttons.

By Sandra from Salem, OR

Don't give up selling them! You can list them on eBay or Craigslist or even take them to local $1.00 stores! You may end up only getting 25 cents for each one at a dollar store but 25 cents is 25 cents! If you decide you want to try and sell them on eBay just click the contact button and I'll give you some tips of how to sell them!

My sister and I had the same luck with a crafts show that you did - we came home with most of what we took. She finally sold most of her flower arrangements, but I ended up giving away most of my crocheted items. I don't think I'll try doing a show, anymore - had to pay for tables and ended up with a loss! Hope you have good luck, tho, selling your items. The heart tree is really cute. God bless you.

Yeah, I gave up on the shows after the last one. My ornaments were only 1.00 or 6/5.00 and I couldn't even sell enough to make the booth space! Everyone thought they were cute, but let's face it, crafts are easy to make at home and that's why we do it!!

As for the Dollar Tree, you can't sell through them but I appreciate the idea. I sell through CL and have let eBay kiss my grits!

There will be more coming in the next few days or weeks. Enjoy!!

Those are so neat. I'm sorry you had such bad luck at the craftshow.

Hey, this is a cute ornament. I am going to make it for my family as we have no money. Duh! Who does now-a-days. I am so sorry about your poor results of your craft show. I guess I will learn from your lesson,because I have been thinking about it. I bookmarked it. Thank you very much.

Christmas Heart Ornaments
Christmas Heart Ornaments
Photos Holiday ChristmasNovember 14, 2008
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
fabric Christmas decorations: rocking horse, stocking and hearts
Easy Christmas Decoration Sewing Projects
Felt Christmas Stocking Ornament
Making a Felt Christmas Stocking Ornament
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree