Uses for Junk Credit Cards

Ideas for using dummy credit cards that you get as junk mail. Post your ideas!

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Do you occasionally received credit cards in the mail that you did not ask for? Well here's what I use them for. When using teflon (and even non teflon pans) I use the card to scrap any hardened on foods. Works great. Also when cleaning my kitchen counters I wash the area with water & detergent & then gently scrape with the card. Smooth as glass. Happy scraping.

By Joesgirl

Cut away everything but the name and with a hot tip of a darning needle or nut pick -- put a hole thru them to make a name tag for keys or sports equipment or hang off your coffee mug

I have used them to scrape the frost from my car windshield in a pinch.

As long as none of your personal information is on them, give them to your kids or grandkids to play with.

Use the dummy credit cards that come in the mail for kids' ID tags. (Discover is one company that sends these, they are plastic to simulate the real thing, but have no raised numbers.) Punch a hole in the card then use a label maker or permanent marker with child's name, grade and teacher. Attach this to the inside of the backpack as a security measure. It makes a nice, sturdy identification tag.

By Kathy

Another use for dummy credit cards-I give them to my one year old son to play with. He loves them and they help with his eye hand coordination. It is hard for me to pick them up off the wood floor but he he as mastered it!

-Deanna

You could paint/decorate one side--or even glue a picture, poem or quote on, then glue a magnet on the reverse. Instant refrigerator magnet.

They are great for spreading glue. If they have neat logos you can cut them out for craft projects.

A few years ago, My neighbor locked herself out of her house, we telephoned a locksmith and he used old charge cards to get in her door, his were wore out and I asked him if he needed more (since I seem to save everything) I gave him all the ones without any of my information, I need to bring them another handful.

A stack of credit cards.
Cleaning Uses for Old Credit Cards
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards
A stack of credit cards.
Cleaning Uses for Old Credit Cards
Credit Report on Table
Raising Your Credit Score
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 5:02:52 PM on 10.0.2.224 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.