Dish Drainer for Filing

contest winner icon

I have just moved and ended up with five dish drainers. (Don't ask.) So, I was gathering them up to donate and thought of a way to keep a second one in the bedroom's office.

You can use the separations for binders (1 inch is best), large envelopes, or portfolios. The slant is perfect, and you can keep different sizes with the larger in back.

You can also keep cookbooks, owners manuals, index cards, tablets or envelopes in there, too. N-JOY!

By Sandi from Salem, OR

Dish Drainer Filing

In a pinch this might even work in a public office. I've worked with files in a cardboard box that was not quite wide enough and the files fell down when it was not full. It was not fun. The dish drainer would have worked much better.

I use an old dish drainer to store my saucepan lids.

I know I'm weird, I am sure this works, but it's still a dish drainer I believe our senses respond to order and beauty combined. This kind of thing behind a cabinet door might work for me but personally I would prefer something attractive that is intended for this purpose.

June 27, 2011 Flag

Take the insides of an old dishwasher and use it for filing folders, letters, etc. Some can also be used to store pot lids. The racks are plastic coated for easy cleaning, and instead of a stack of papers that you have to go through, you now have a neat easy to spot folders.

By tikko marie from Chillicothe, IL

Cabinet with Multi-colored Hanging Files
Organizing Important Papers
Organizing FilesMay 17, 2011
Fist Full of Dollars
Filing Taxes
Photo of a someone checking their oil.
Keeping Track of Your Car's Maintenance Requirements
Emery Boards
Using Emery Boards
Organizing Paperwork For Taxes