Babysitting Checklist and Emergency Numbers

When my children were little and I had to have a babysitter I would make a checklist for the babysitter and would leave it by the phone. I would write such things as where dinner was and what time they needed to be fed, bedtime and bath time, and what snacks they can have and where they are. I then put this into a plastic sleeve and left a dry mark eraser next to it so she could mark things off. I also laminated the emergency phone list with clear contact paper, that way if it was a wet emergency, like a broken pipe, the phone list would not melt in her hands :)

By Debra in Colorado

Great tips Debra!

If anyone is having trouble finding a babysitter have a look at this piece: ... abysitter-7-things-you-need-to-know/

Important phone number written on a refrigerator.
Preparing for a Babysitter
Parenting General Parenting AdviceOctober 11, 2004
Emergency Reflector
Make Your Own Emergency Reflectors
A yellow phone book with a phone sitting on it.
Finding Phone Numbers
Locating Sewing Machine Model and Serial Numbers
Organizing Phone Numbers