Store Reading Glasses With Medications

When administering medicines to yourself or a family member, it is essential to be absolutely sure that you have the right medication and the right dose. For those whose visual acuity is not what it once was (that's us, Boomers!), especially in low light levels or in urgent situations, ensure that you can read labels and directions clearly by keeping an inexpensive pair of reading glasses right in or with the medicine box or cabinet. Sharp vision prevents potentially disastrous errors. Have those drugstore reading glasses right at hand and be safe, not sorry.

I am an RN, so I know the serious consequences of medication errors. This idea came to me as I was sorting and updating my own home medicine box.

By Susanna from Akron, OH

This is a great tip! my glasses are always in another room when I need to read dosages on the bottles of medications.

This is a great tip! I'm always having to go look for my reading flasses when I need to read the medicine bottle!

I asked my eye doctor if the dollar store reading glasses were OK to use and he said that they are fine, and won't hurt my eyes, so I have several around the house. I didn't think of this one though, so I will give you a good rating.

I keep several pair of reading glasses thruout the house. 2 pair at computer table (daughter uses them also. Kitchen "junk" drawer. Table by front door for when the mail comes in.

I have a combination pill bottle opener/magnifying glass that I keep in my box for presription pills. I got it at Target and I love it as it serves "double duty".

I have dollar store reading glasses all over the house too. Dr. said they were fine.

Organizing Medication
Organizing Medications
Organizing BathroomFebruary 23, 2011
Remembering Your Glasses
Remembering Your Glasses
Uses for Old Reading Glasses
Uses for Old Reading Glasses
Man Wearing Eyeglasses
Wearing Eyeglasses
Photo of a sixth grading reading a book in a library.
Book Suggestions for Sixth Graders
🎉
🎄