Tips for Cleaning Floors

When I wash my floors, I fill a bucket with clean water for rinsing my microfiber mop. In a spray bottle, I add a cleaning mixture. I spray the floor and damp mop. Depending on how dirty the floor is, I sometimes wait before I mop to allow the cleaner to soak a bit. I rinse the mop in the bucket of clean water.

When the rinse water gets dirty, empty and refill. This way you are always starting out with a rinsed clean mop. I always allow my floors air dry. You can use any type of mop and cleaning mixture. This is the mixture that I use.

Floor All Purpose Cleaner: Do not use on wood or laminated flooring. Great for tile and no-wax floors.

In a one gallon jug add in this order and mix gently. If you add the cleaners first, before the water, it will be very sudsy.

• 3 quarts water
  • 1/3 cup plus 1 Tbsp. ammonia
  • 1/3 cup plus 1 Tbsp. bleach-free liquid laundry detergent

This can be used as a floor cleaner or as an all-purpose cleaner. I always have a few spray bottles around the house.

The worst treatment for a floor is to "swab it", meaning using too much water or cleaner that lays on the flooring.

For Laminate Floors: Use one cup of white vinegar to 2 gallons of warm water or recommended cleaner from manufacturer.

For Wood Floors: Use a diluted solution of Murphy's Oil cleaner or any other wood floor cleaner.

Source: Method of wash is from a floor installer, recipe is from "Consumers Report" magazine.

By Mkymlp from NE PA

Woman Cleaning Her Floor
Tips for Cleaning Floors
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsOctober 8, 2009
Cleaning Tile Floors, Textured blue floor tile.
Cleaning Tile Floors
Red Chair on Hardwood Floor
Keeping Furniture from Sliding on Hardwood Floors
Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
Vacuum being run over old dirty carpet
Cleaning Old Dirty Carpet
🎄