Removing Dog Urine Stains and Odor from Carpet

I have a dog that has marked his territory on the bedpost in my spare bedroom. The carpet is an off white and I will lose my deposit if I can't get this out. It is dried and terrible. Please help!

By Lucy from Daniel Boone National Forest

Best Answer

The odor can be dealt with reasonably, with an enzyme product you can get at the vet's office or at a big pet store. The staining may be a little harder, though. You could try the spot treatments, first. Be aware, however, that they may clean the spot so well, that you will end up renting a machine to make the carpet "match" all over. Work on the spot, and then worry about the odor. (Most of the enzyme products have you put it on, and leave it to dry.) Good luck! These fur kids are troublesome at times (but worth it)!

Best Answer

If the stain is too set in, you might try using a professional rug cleaning business. They have experience with stain removal and odor.

Have you thought of getting male doggie bands to prevent future urine spots on carpet from happening? You can also make them yourself with a few older wrapped towels and velcro to fasten. I did this with my male dog when he was younger and it worked though laundry loads were increased.

Best Answer

I think I have something that will help. I have yet to find a stain it will not remove and it must also remove any odor because everyone tells me that they cannot tell I have four cats in my house. And it is very cheap to make. Buy a large bottle of peroxide. A quart is about a dollar. Also buy a quart of ammonia.........not sudsy, just plain. If you don't have a spray bottle, you will also need to get one of those. Then simply mix a cup of peroxide to two table spoons ammonia. Spray the area until it is fairly wet. Let it sit a few minutes. Some stains will simply disappear before your eyes. Have a roll of paper towels and blot, blot, blot. If you have a terrible stain, you can fold several paper towels together or use an old white towel and weight it down with something and leave it overnight. I have yet to find a stain it won't take out. I keep it mixed up all the time and love it. Also, it has never taken the color out of any carpet or upholestry that I have ever used it on.

Sad looking puppy on carpet
Cleaning Dog Urine Stains from Carpet
Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetApril 12, 2011
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet
🎉
🎄