"Gas Station Free Refill"

I'm not sure how many frugal members know about the "Gas Station Free Refill" fountain drink rule. I am a fountain drink-aholic.

We have a gas station up the street from us that offers up to 32 oz. fountain drinks for .99 cents. Not bad. One day on the way home, I was looking for some change to get a soda and found .37 cents! Yikes! I had no water and was dying of thirst.

I pulled into the gas station, removed one of there cups out of the back seat of my car and walked in (shyly none the less) and asked the attendant behind the counter, "How much is a fountain drink refill." Fearful of the answer I may hear, she smiled and said, "FREE".

WOW! I was in heaven. I smiled proudly as I walked past her to refill my cup. She did explain to me when I went to leave that the refills are limited to 1 a day.

The point to this "tip", hang on to your old cups from that last fountain drink you had at the gas station, you could enjoy your next fountain drink for free. Be sure to ask first.

By Caroline

Woman at Gas Station
Gas Station Tips and Tricks
Better Living Frugal Living TipsNovember 19, 2004