Share Crafts

Christmas Crafts for 2 Year Olds

Anybody have great Christmas craft ideas for my class of 2 yr olds? Thank you.

Marsha from Eagle, ID

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By gretta 9 52 11/10/2008

I always loved using old Christmas cards, punching holes around the edges. Tape the ends of yarn and let them "sew" them.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Clothespin Caterpillars

you will need:

spring-type clothes pins
magnet strip
pom-pom balls
googley eyes
black thread for antennas

Glue a strip of magnet along the bottom of one side of the clothespin. Glue a line of different-colored pom-pom balls all along the top of the clothespin. Glue googley eyes onto the first pom-pom for eyes, then attatch two thick black threads for the antennas.
These are super easy to make, and they are very cute. Put them onto the refrigerator to hold the kids papers.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Connie H. (Guest Post) 11/10/2008

How about a plaster of Paris hand print? I know it will take a lot of adult help but what a special surprise for mom & dad. Take a pie tin. Pour the plaster as directed. When it has set enough have them press one of their hands on the almost dried plate. When it is dry the next they can paint the plate with washable paints. Be sure to write their name, age and class on the back of the plate.

They can (write) their name on the front as best they can copy your light pencil tracing. I did this with my nephew and it turned out really really cute. Mom & Dad loved it. He is 17 now but the print is there to remember when.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Mary (Guest Post) 11/10/2008

Try or
They have crafts for 2-4 set and more advanced. They also have timely e-mails with crafts if you sign up. Great for smaller kids, lots of paper plate crafts, and preschool age kiddos.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By J S 4 11/11/2008

Red construction paper and cotton balls make adorable cone-shaped Santa hats. Use green for a Grinchy look.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No