Listerine For Pet Odors

This is how I get rid of pet urine odors. I have a lot of cats, when one pees on the carpet, the other ones do it in the same spot. I spray Listerene mouth wash on the area and the smell goes away. I've tried everything, this really works. Every morning, I lightly spray over my carpets and cloth furniture and it also makes the house smell fresh.

By Melissa from Blytheville, AR

Listerine is also perfect for cleaning ears. I have 4 Shih Tzu and moisten a cotton ball with Listerine to clean the inside part of their ears [only the part you can see] and if they are shaking their head because of an ear problem, put several drops in each ear [do this outside, when they shake their head, it can go everywhere!!]. If you sniff the Rx from the vet's, it is a Listerine base and why pay $8+ when a bottle of Listerine is so much less. Lasts for years in a cool closet!

Hi, thanks for this tip. I have also found that apple cider vinegar works well too :-)

Wondering if anyone has used the "generic Listerine" for pet odors & the other stated uses. Does it also work? Do the pets resoil the same areas or is the smell gone for them also? Are we discussing the "original amber colored" Listerine or any variety? Does one work better than another?

X-O ODOR NEUTRALIZER

CALIFORNIA VETERINARY SUPPLY

www.calvetsupply.com

1800-366-3047

I also have cats but I'm down to only 2, I found X-0 about 25 years ago it works, it is a bit pricey but it will last a long time, the directions on the bottle says to mix it 50/50 with water but I put 1 oz per cup of water and This works just fine.

I had a friend borrowed my spray bottle because someone threw a dead cat in the church dumpster in the summer, she sprayed the dumpster, it totally eliminated the odor, the dumpster wasn't picked up for 4 days after she did not have to spray again. Both my mail and female have a tendency to spray, if I catch them at it I can spray immediately

(Because I know where they sprayed) there is no odor.

Since Im not always sure where they sprayed I mist everything from my knees down every now and then and I have no smell, I even spray outside.

Babbie

I have used Scope and it works very well for cat odors, too.

Listerine is very sticky. You may be inviting ants and other small rodents into your house. Be careful.

Listerine (amber colored only) is wonderful for pets itchy feet, hot spots, fungus and general itch. Do not use the pink, blue or green as it doesn't work the same. I know not why but our wonderful A C officer gave us tips on curing many things in the barns and our pets too.

The generic Listerine (amber) also works if you are on a tight budget. This is a life saver and I will continue to use this method. The vinegar didn't work. The method is fantastic and I will recommend it often.

Personally I would not do that I had some one pee on my carpets and it stank of listerine and then a bad smell lingered perceivable in the mornings I have now sprinkled baking soda on it and will see I am hopefully as once someone exercise on my carpets and smelt of sweat after two goes of baking soda smell gone but had to leave on a long time. Going to try it where someone puked as well I have great lodgers in my house!

Pets Pet OdorsJune 11, 2007
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
Pet Ferret
Household Products for Removing Pet Odors
large couch
Removing Odors from Furniture
Dog Urinating Outdoors
Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
🎄