Is Ortho-Klor Insecticide Safe Around Children? - Categories:

SpidersPest Control

Is Ortho-Klor Insecticide Safe Around Children?

I have black widows in the play area in my yard. Someone from this site suggested Klor by Ortho. Is it safe around children and does it really work? Can I get it from Lowe's or Home Depot?

By Karen from VA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Ortho -Klor active is Chlorpyrifos (Dursban), which has been off the U.S. market for many years now. That product was also more of a soil treatment, not what you would use for black widows that live off the ground in webbing, any general insecticide will kill a black widow, none of the common ones you will get won't totally keep them away, but as you do remove the ones you see, they will become more rare to come across in 23rd year doing pest control.

Ortho -Klor is what I used for years, I found it was great for everything and it worked well with light use. when I no longer could get it Orthos Bug- B -Gone was its replacement and works just as well, its just a lighter concentration.

Black widows are not safe around children either and I would call an exterminator as soon as possible like now! Where there is one there are more and you need to have this done right. A bite can kill a child.

Home and Garden Pest Control SpidersSeptember 1, 2010
Self-Closing Gate With Springs
Installing a Self-Closing Gate
A boy lying with his orange cat, Tigger.
Keeping Children Safe Around Pets
Dog in Grass
Insect Repellents Safe for Use Around Pets
Homemade Insecticide
Homemade Insecticide Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 12, 2016 at 10:04:02 AM on 10.0.1.75 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.