Get Wedding Flowers Locally

The florist bill can add up very quickly. Rather than spending a huge amount of your wedding budget on centerpieces check out the local farmers markets and neighborhood gardeners!

For our August outdoor wedding, we picked up large potted mums in our wedding colors for only $2.00 each. For the same amount we would have spent on one centerpiece from the florist, we were able to buy 30 mums which we randomly placed throughout the yard and around the "altar".

For each of the tables in the reception tent, we bought gladiolas and various other flowers from an elderly lady in our neighborhood. Including the vases we picked up from the dollar store, our centerpieces only cost us $30.00. Be sure to buy a bouquet and chat with any neighborhood growers the previous season and mention you are interested in using their flowers at your wedding. We did and she surprised us by reserving a special area in her garden just with our colors!

My sister did something similar. She bought large, fancy clay pots & they were filled with geraniums & something else in the wedding colors. They were used as centerpeices on the tables. People took them home afterwards & enjoyed them for the rest of the summer.

Hey..I'm planning my wedding for May of 2009 and I'm looking for a local grower in Michigan. I see you are posting from Kalamazoo. Do you have any suggestions? Online deals are ok but you take a risk on the quality and the qtys are way more than I'd need! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

ALso...anyone know how long before the wedding you can begin putting the flowers together (corsage/boutonnieres, etc?) I'm thinking like up to 3 days prior....but the last thing I want is wilty brown flowers...

Advise please? jeprocto at yahoo

Very nice! When I got married in the 90's I took a flower arranging course. I bought dried flowers at a huge discount and I made all the arrangements for the table. It was a lot of work but it saved a lot of money. Congratulations!

Wedding table with baby's breath in gold mason jars.
Choosing Wedding Flowers
Weddings FlowersSeptember 4, 2008
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
Growing your own wedding flowers.
Growing Your Own Wedding Flowers
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
A couple opening wedding gifts.
Registering for Wedding Gifts