Fondue Instructions

I recently purchased a little 11-piece Fondue Set from Walgreen's today that I got for half price per the Manager because there were no instructions included. Where can I find missing instructions online? I've tried searching the web for the distributor but no luck with instructions. I know nothing about fondue, so I don't even know how to light the burner. Help!

Jo Smith from Jackson, TN

What is the brand name of your fondue set? Sometimes you can put the brand name and either the words "user manual" or "instructions" into the search engine.

The only name on the box is on the bottom. It says Made in China, Distributed by: East West Distributing Co. Deerfield, IL 60015-4616 Item #646623. It comes with:

* 1 Stainless Steel Pot w/cover

* 1 Chrome Wire Rack

* 1 Chrome Plated Burner

* 1 Stainless Steel Plate

* 6 Stainless Steel Forks

Wow, Jo........I just don't know. I've spent quite a bit of time trying to find information on that fondue set. I think I'd call Walgreens and explain that there were no instructions....at all!!! They are definitely associated with East West Distributing Co so they should be able to come up with instructions. I hope you can find something....I really tried. Are you interested in cheese or oil fondues? There are lots of recipes on the net:)

Go to the library and find a cook book that includes directions for making fondue.

The process is not much more than heating up something like melted cheese or chocolate and dunkng chunks of bread in it.

Similar problem. Bought a $129.00 cuisinart rotating lazy susan stainless steel fondue set at Filene's going out of business sale last year for 19.99. All equipment is there but no instructions. I don't even know what kind of fire source I need. Do you just stick one of those 1.99 sterno things under it or is there a specific type of fondue fuel or burner? Tried numerous sites but couldn't find anything.

I received a 21 piece fondue set for christmas and no instructions. I found a web site http://www.fant  instructions.htm . It gives handy tips and advises how and what fuels to use. Hope this helps.

if by instructions you mean a cookbook there are alot on ebay... heres one:

http://cgi.ebay  item250067195079

But there are a lot more. Just do a search on Fondue Cookbook.

I still have a Fondue pot from the 60's from my deceased father in-law. I think thats why I keep it. But in those days we used it a lot... he would cut steak in bite size pieces and we all cooked our own to taste... he got us extra Fondue forks so we could cook a couple at a time. Now if I use it its to heat up something when all my stove burners are in use lol Brings back a lot of memories when I peek into that cabinet above the stove to grab the pepper and see Dads fondue pot.. its O.D. green... yuk lol

Oh the forks have colored tips so you have your own color... and the pot base has settings on-off-med-high.

i thought it was because I bought mine at the Salvation Army. I opened the box, and it was clear that it hadn't been touched. When I opened everything up I was disappointed as to there not being any instructions. Then I thought that the original owner had taken and lost them. Turns out they just don't come with instructions based on all the other folk that don't have and can't find....just like me...the one towards the top of this string that refers to a site for instructions...specifis a metal fondue pot with alcohol burner. I don't know what kind of burner mine is. It looks like a mini skillet in chrome...no lid.....is that an alcohol burner? if so, where and what kind of "fuel" do I need?

I too purchased several of the sets from Walgreens. Check out this website, the burner on the right of the page looks exactly like mine, hopefully this helps :)

www.gourmetsleuth.com/fonduefuel.htm

DO NOT OVERFILL ALCOHOL BURNER. Use no more than 3 fluid ounces of denatured alcohol, or liquid fondue fuel to fill your burner. More alcohol may cause excessive flames. 3 Ounces will burn approximately 90 minutes. If less time is required, use 2 ounces of fuel.

This is all you need to know. Follow the link provided above. Fantes.Com then just look up fondue recipes online, allrecipes.Com is a good site.

It's so simple. You need a fondue oil 2 light up the fondue. Just look at images to show you how to start your fondue.

Anonymous

You can try contacting East West Distributing to ask for a manual. If you tell them there was no manual when you purchased it (no need to tell them you got it for half price because it had no manual) they usually send you a free one. Looks like there is no 800 number, but if you write, they might not reply.

East West Distributing Co

200 Wilmot Rd

Deerfield, IL 60015

(847) 914-3102

I love fondues and I'm online actually looking for one cause my new hubby has never had it before. He's sick with cancer so I am trying to let him experience as much as I can with cooking different things. Anyway. I don't think I've ever had instructions in other sets I've had. Here's a site with lighting directions http://www.best  ndue-burner.html

Be very careful around kids or pets knocking the burner over. No sets come with fuel by law but you can get at any hardware or CVS or Walgreens, Hobby Lobby. The gel fuel is a bit safer. I prepared my fondue on the stove and then transferred it to the pot to keep warm. I'm a bit of a clean freak and didn't want to over stain my fondue pots. OK enough info ha ha Joy