Decoration Ideas for a High School Dance

I need some ideas for table decorations, the theme is Midnight in the Garden. They are for a high school formal and no candles can be used.

By Judy from TX

Can you use electric candles like they put in windows at Christmas time? There are even some that are battery powered.

You can get electric "tealight candles" that flicker and look fairly real when in a holder. Check the dollar store. Or maybe strings of lights with some fake greenery in mason jars, to mimic a jar of fireflies? You can get short strings of lights that have little battery packs. If electricity is not a problem, maybe something with lights and tulle fabric (to make it look shimmery.)

You can also get battery operated candles. That is all I have anymore. They are more expensive, but a lot safer. When we have a power outage, I run one in the bathroom overnight.

The leaves are falling, take advantage! Gather them up and put a pile in the middle of the table with maybe a twig or two for some height. Use green floral tape to secure some of them on to the twigs. You could spray-glitter them for shimmer. A scented candle can put a lot of ambiance into the air, but since you can't have flame. I think cinnamon would be nice. Cinnamon sticks can be used for decor too. And pine cones. Just tie them up with 'raffia' and a background of a pine tree clipping.

Your cost at time point is, time and effort, some floral tape and some floral picks, and raffia, which is 'hay like' string.

Talk to the school for funding assistance on making a purchase for the battery operated tea light candles. It is an investment they will use over and again for all school dances and besides that, it would show some support to the student body that these social gatherings are an important rite of passage for the social bonding garnered in school.

Maybe the student council (if you have one) could do a small fund raiser for this type of purchase?

November 17, 2010 Flag

I'm planning a dance for my school, grades 10-12. It's a casual dance and has to revolve around the theme of "Bonded by Blue and White" (our school colors). I could really use some help for decorating ideas and maybe a theme to go with them? Thank you so much!

By Jaqui from UT

The first thing that came to my mind was the sky and the clouds, blue and white. "The Sky's the Limit." (09/03/2010)

By Artlady

Holidays and Parties Parties School DecorationsNovember 17, 2010
daddy daughter dance ideas
Planning a Daddy Daughter Dance
3 girls at a homecoming dance.
Homecoming Dance Ideas
How to Belly Dance, Beautiful Bealldancer
How to Belly Dance
A group of teens at a homecoming dance.
Homecoming Dance Decoration Ideas