Storing an Ironing Board in a Small Apartment

When you have limited space where can you store the ironing board? I have a small apartment and we have to iron everyday. Now we leave the ironing board in the narrow hallway which is in the way of traffic. Do you have any suggestions?

By Onesummer

Best Answer

How about an over the door one, that could be stored on a closet door, or even a bedroom door? Wouldn't have to be down all the time, only when you need it!

Best Answer

There are hooks to hang an ironing board on the back of a door, available in home centers and hardware stores. You could also slide it under a bed.

Best Answer

I live in a one bedroom house. I store mine in a closet in the bathroom/dressing room. I iron my clothes once a week on Sunday usually. Takes me about 45 minutes. Then I hang my clothes that I just ironed over the bathroom door so they don't get wrinkled in the closet. Why would you iron everyday? What a pain.

Best Answer

I bought an old fashioned "country looking" ironing board at an auction. I lean it against a wall in the livingroom so it looks like country decor.It is cute and it is available anytime, I can iron and watch tv or have a conversation all at the same time.

We live in a 2-bedroom apartment and I store my ironing board + iron in our furnace room.

Have you tried one of these?

http://www.amaz  amp;linkCode=asn

They also have things that hang over the door and hold your iron and board.

Do you mean to leave it open all the time, or what? If that is the case you must have a wall someplace where you could put it that it wouldn't be in the way.

I picked up a mini iron from Ikea a long time ago. It has a hanger attached so it hangs in the closet when not in use and sits on a table top when in use. It was $5 and has served me pretty well.

http://www.ikea  roducts/50119054

You might be able to fold it up and store it under the bed when you aren't using it.

How about alongside your fridge? Or, like RosieC said, under your bed.

Buy a board hanger at the dollar store for the door. Slide it under the couch, bed or store along side of the fridge.

Wal Mart has wall mount ironing board holders that could be mounted behind a door. If that would make it stick out too far, use two wall mounted hooks.

This is just me but I would eleminate the need to iron every day. I personally never iron. If you must iron can't you do it once a week and then put the ironing board away for the rest of the time, like under the bed? I stopped buying clothes that need to be ironed. I do not buy dishes that cannot go into the dishwasher either.

Walmart and most likely Target will have in their aisle where ironing boards are kept, a rack you can put on a door that will let you hang your ironing board in. Some even have slots where you can put your iron and spray starch cans. I have one and it is a great invention! Good luck.

I would say, under the bed or, as someone else mentioned, between the refrigerator and wall. I suppose, if your sofa is long enough, you could always store it under (or behind) there.

Could you drop it down and use it as a coffee table?

I keep mine in a little gap between my wardrobe and the wall in the bedroom since most of my ironing is clothing and soon as I finish I can just store everything away in the same room.