Cleaning Carpet Cleaner Brushes

Does any have any ideas for how to clean the rotating brushes on my Hoover Steam Vac carpet cleaner? I've taken them off, soaked them in the sink, put them in the dishwasher, but there is still carpet fibers and hair that is stuck in the brush heads. Is there an easy way to clean these to get the build up out of the brush heads?

By go2jared from Columbus, OH

Use a sharp pair of scissors, a knife or box cutter, and cut carefully around the bar between the rows of bristles. Then pull the hair and fibers loose after cutting through them. Try using a sharp knife,box cutter or scissors to cut thru the fibers and hair by running the blade around the roller between the bristles. Then pull them out and wash the roller. This works on my vacuum. Hope it helps.

An old crochet hook, or latch hook rug hook, with the closure on the hook removed, works for me.

Thanks for the feedback! I will try those methods. I was hoping for a little less manual solutions, like a solvent to just dissolve the fibers and hair...of course, without damaging the brush! I guess the cut, hook and pull method will work fine. Something I can do during commercials! :) Thanks again.

I use my seam ripper, kelly clamps (electronic shop) for so many things and this is just one of them.

You will all ways have his problem with hairs and fluff,a common problem. The build up of debris on the Hoover roller brushes will result in loss of suction as well. Fit a "Hairyhog" attachment and you should limit the build up on the roller. Great for ingrained hairs which the rotating brushes do not remove.Tyres for the "Hairyhog"last for months and are inexpensive. Hope this solves your problem.

Someone using a carpet cleaner.
Using A Steam Carpet Cleaner
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceApril 6, 2009
Paint laden art brushes in a jar.
Cleaning Artist Brushes
Two hair brushes and a comb.
Cleaning and Disinfecting Brushes and Combs
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
🎉
🎄