Donate Items as You Identify Them

When I first started going through my things wanting to organize, live with less, and donate items, I thought once a year would do it. As I started, I discovered I preferred to go through small sections at a time and over a period of weeks, maybe.

When I thought I was through, one day I picked out something else to give away. So for me, it works to give things away as I notice an item I can donate. One day I'll see an item in a different way than I did maybe a few months ago. What was once important, no longer is, and it feels good to let go of something; to be less attached to an object.

By CS7 from OR

This is what I do. As I find things around that house that we no longer need or want I put in a bag or box. Then when it is filled it goes to my mini van. When I've got a few bags filled and I'll be near Goodwill anyway, I stop and drop off. It's a good feeling to be rid of unnecessary things but if it can help someone else be of use to someone else, then that's all the better.

Large Outdoor Blue Goodwill Sign
Organizing Goodwill Donations
Better Living Charity TipsJune 6, 2011
A blue iPod and earbuds on a black leather surface.
Buying an iPod
Cat in Animal Shelter
Things to Donate to Animal Shelters
Photo of termites and termite damage.
Getting Rid of Termites
Various promotional items.
Removing Logos from Promotional Items
🎉
🎄