Birthday Hair Clip
Make this festive balloons-n-ribbon birthday hair clip!
Approximate Time: 30 minutes or less
- 1 flat hair clip
- about 13 inches of ribbon
- at least 5 water balloons (10 maximum perhaps)
- 1 quarter-sized felt or foam circle
- hot glue gun or strong craft glue
- a lighter to seal ribbon ends
- Lay a 3-inch piece of ribbon (with ends sealed, after cutting, with the lighter very briefly) on your work surface. Put 5 to more water balloons (perpendicular) across the center of the ribbon. Tie and double knot the ribbon around the water balloons.
- Cut 3 equal pieces of ribbon, each about 2.5 inches long. Lay the three across one another, hot-gluing at the center between each layer.
- Dab a dot of hot glue on the center of the foam or felt circle (or other shape that is about the size of a quarter, my piece of foam was flower-shaped). Hot glue to the appropriate rounded end of the hair clip. Then glue the 3 glued layers of ribbon on the other side of the foam/felt shape.
- Take the ribbon-tied balloons and hot glue knot-side-down on the center of the ribbons.
- Let dry. Gift wrap or give to the birthday girl!
By Erin813 from Seffner, FL
July 24, 20110 found this helpful
What a cute idea for a little girl. My grand daughter's turning five shortly and I have time to make some of these for her.
Thanks for sharing.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 3, 2016 at 12:25:19 PM on 10.0.2.176 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us