Making Crafts From Dishcloths

Does anyone have a book or some ideas on making gift items out of new dish cloths? A friend gave me a pair of pajamas made out of three dish cloths. They are folded to look like a pair of pajamas. Attached to the pajamas is a note that says "We look like pajamas, But, really we aren't. We are just 3 little dish cloths; You will like us a lot. So just take us apart, it really won't hurt. Use us for dishes or just chasing dirt." I'm at work and cannot get a picture of them, but they are so cute. I can take these apart but would like to make this and other things like this.

Carol from Leslie, AR

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I've made kitchen angels from dishcloths, and I've also seen bunnies. I made the angels for Christmas gifts, and everyone loved them. They were so cheap to make, I think wrapping them cost more than the angel gifts! It's all folding and tying with ribbons, but hard to explain. One dishtowel folded like a fan longways, then folded in half and tied at the top with a ribbon around the neck to form the head, turn the ribbon to the front and make a bow, one matching dishcloth (the smaller washcloth type) folded like a fan for the arms, put this crossways behind the body. Tie ribbons about an half inch at the ends of each arm to form hands with a bow. Use a matching potholder folded like a fan for the wings, and attach to the body with a ribbon an bow at the waist. Once the wings and arms are tied tightly on, spread the pot holder out to look like wings. Hope this helps.

Carol, if you will Google search for Dishcloth Crafts, you will probably get loads of sites to visit for them.

Answer

Crafts AdviceFebruary 26, 2007
Online Shopping
Selling Crafts Online
Using Dish Cloths
Using Dish Cloths
A photo of a girl making paper hearts.
Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids
two completed dishcloths
Making a Round Crocheted Dishcloth
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 2, 2016 at 7:02:55 AM on 10.0.0.98 in 314 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.